Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Toaster?

Christmas Lists.

Some people love them.  It gives the buyer an idea of what to buy with minimal brainpower involved.  This is good in my book around the holidays.  If I am going to spend money, I'd like to spend it on items that are needed/wanted. 

Some people hate them.  Considered crass to be so presumptive that people care to know what you want.  I know people who are so passive aggressive that they deliberately avoid any items that they know a person wants.

I guess I am in the middle.  I appreciate knowing that he bride and groom are registered at some local store, but I might want to give them something that I think they will need and they haven't even thought about yet.  Just because they are registered is not a mandate for me.

But it sure is nice to have some ideas when you enter the somewhat frightening world of retail sales.  It was with this thought in mind that I asked my children to produce Christmas lists this year. Parker's lists usally include many items with caliber numbers that I can't remember.  Colby loves games, but when I get to the store I get overwhelmed by all the shiny covers and titles dribble out of my brain.

And then there is Reed.  This year he asked for a toaster.  How many 14 year olds do you know who want a toaster?  Of course it was not just any toaster.  It was a special toaster from MLB that burns a team logo into the side of the toast.  Can you imagine?  I have been expecting this rabid sports fanatic to eat plain toast his whole life?  What a bad mom.


So, like any other mother of a toast-loving Boston Red Sox fan, I ordered the toaster.  Reed was thrilled on Christmas morning.  That is not an exaggeration.  He was stoked and he had it out of the box and was making toast on the next "break".

We had a great Christmas.  And now we have two toasters.  What more can we ask?

3 comments:

Live From Mommyville... said...

Ok, I need the website. This is what I am getting my brother next year. He's a baseball fanatic and is a loyal Royal even though their last winning season was when we were both in High School...

LOVE this! You're a good mom.

Kaye said...

MLB.com!

Joan said...

What a fun new toaster. I don't follow sports and even I like it. Happy New Year Kaye.