Monday, December 12, 2011

Shoes

I just don't get the whole shoe thing.

There.  It's out. 

I know that there are women out there who absolutely love shoes. 


They cannot resist a great sale and they know all the designers.

They long for shoes in every color and style. 

They have shoes in many heights that go with certain outfits.


And shoes that change heights!

I see these women. 


Some of them are even my friends.

And I must horrify them.

Because not only do I not love shoes.  I hate them.  I have a few pairs of "dressy" shoes, but I NEVER wear them longer than the three hour block of meetings at Church.

I have two pairs of shoes that I wear 99% of the time.  Well, at least in the winter.  Here they are.
Yup.  Birkenstock clogs.  Brown and black.  That's it.  I wear them with jeans, cords, and skirts.  Now. . . I will admit that I wouldn't mind having more colors.  I have several pairs of Birkenstock sandals in various hues.  But these shoes are about pain.  And the fact that I don't have any when I wear them!

So girls, you won't have to fight me at the big sales.  They hardly ever have 11's anyway!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I WANT THE RED WITH WHITE POLKA DOTS! but I would so kill myself in them!! LOL!

dedesmith32 said...

I just have to say - I AM SO WITH YOU ON THIS. I'm definitely not a shoe person

Live From Mommyville... said...

I'd wear some of those shoes...but I'm afraid of heights. I'm also afraid of being ridiculed by my peers!

Mags said...

Yay Kaye! I hate shoes, too. I'm a Crocs girl all the way!