Monday, December 26, 2011

And pondered them. . .

Luke 2:19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered [them] in her heart. ...

I love this verse about Mary, the mother of Jesus.  She was a woman who had found favor with God and he had blessed her to be the mother of the Savior.  What a mind boggling thought.  I bet there were days when she didn't feel like it was such a blessing.  I imagine she was a bit put out when her 12 year old wasn't where she thought he was supposed to be.  And it probably was hard when he was out teaching the Gospel.  I imagine the neighbors had plenty to say that she had to hear and defend.  I cannot imagine her grief when her perfect son, The Perfect Son, was crucified.  How could she have understood in her immense grief the gift that he would be to us. . . to me. . . more than 2000 years later.

I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.  I feel joy at the thought that he was born and died that I might return to my Heavenly Father.  What an amazing plan.  I am grateful for his sacrifice for me- especially since I am often so unworthy of his great love.  It is such a blessing to have the love of Christ and Heavenly Father in my life on a daily basis. 

As I ponder these things in my heart throughout the coming year, I hope that I will be a better wife, mother, friend, and follower of Christ.  That is my gift to him.

No comments: