This evening I talked DiAnna into attending the:
We cruised down there in the awesome orange Challenger. At first we couldn't find Soel, but then we spotted the HUGE crowd of people and knew we had found the spot. Soel is a cute shop with some beautiful items, but I probably only saw about 25% of what they had because the place was packed with bloggers! It was so loud from everyone talking at once! Crazy. Just crazy.
I actually saw some friends there, but I didn't get to talk to any of the people that I follow. I spotted one or two, but then they disappeared into the crowd. Here are our observations about bloggers and current trends:
1. Bloggers are young. I think I was easily the oldest person there!
2. Bright colors are in. A pop of color is a must now.
3. We are glad that we do not have newborns. DiAnna is so happy about that that she's ready to get that IUD replaced for another 5-10 years of safety!!!
4. It's all about hair. It has to be stylish, which seems to mean long and curly or short and spunky. There were a few shoulder length bobs but they were usually somewhat assymetrical.
5. Bloggers are friendly. . .and loud!
It was crazy and fun, but after a little while we headed out and walked every aisle of JoAnn Fabric. Now, THAT was awesome!