Monday, September 8, 2008

Function Over Form


Once upon a time I had a beautiful dining room! I loved to set the table with tablecloths, and fancy dishes and centerpieces. The hutch held a lovely display of seasonal items (or Mary Kay products!). I was never afraid to open my front door because I knew that my living room and dining room were always clean and put together.

Those days are gone. The dining room has turned into the school room. We needed more room to spread out and we needed to be free of distraction, so I bought a piece of vinyl to protect the table and *poof!* we are in business. In fact, it is working so well that I can't believe we didn't think of this several years ago! And perhaps the best advantage of the situation is that we don't have to deal with this mess in the part of the house where we actually LIVE. I guess this is a function over form decision!

No comments: