Thursday, August 6, 2015

Voting by Mail

Ed and I finally got around to making our ballots for the Lehi City Council Election and taking them to the Post Office today.

I did not like it at all.


  • How is my vote private?  My name is on the envelope and I signed it, so whoever takes the ballot out will know it was from me.  Do not like.
  • How do you know it's not fraud?  It's not like I had to show ID or anything.  I don't think my signature is really that unique.
  • How do I know it is received and counted?  I mailed it, but lots of things get lost in the mail.  And what if someone sees my name on the back of the envelope and throws it away?
  • And I only got to talk to Ed.  I love going to vote.  It is a social experience.  This. . .not so much.

1 comment:

reb said...

i agree with you 100%