Friday, December 12, 2014

National Hot Cocoa Day

I have it on good authority (that would be Facebook) that Saturday, December 13 is National Hot Cocoa Day.  I had some of the most amazing hot cocoa ever made at our Relief Society activity on Wednesday night.  Jenette Burr made it and was willing to share her recipe, which actually came from the blog www.mrshappyhomemaker.com.  It is to die for good.  My friend Nicole HATES chocolate (I know. . .she's crazy) and even SHE LIKED IT!!!!!

If you make this and love it, go give some love on the original post.  

Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa {Best Ever!}
Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups whipping cream
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups of chocolate chips (milk chocolate OR semi-sweet depending on how sweet you like it. I have a heck of a sweet tooth, and I love the milk chocolate, but others prefer the semi-sweet)
Instructions
  1. Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
  2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired.

No comments: