Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pickle Explosion

I do not really enjoy cooking.  It takes time and is messy.  And only half of the family will like any given meal, so there's always a complainer.

Today, I decided to be a good wife and mother and make a casserole for dinner so that it would be ready for the boys after Reed's baseball game and so that I could have leftovers after City Council.  I even used leftovers, so I should just about be translated.  The grand finale was a sprinkling of cheese on top.  I reached into the refrigerator to get the cheese and the Half-and-Half container jumped off the shelf.  When I went to grab it, I apparently nudged the gigantic Costco-sized jar of dill pickles.  They plunged to their death on the unforgiving slate floor. 

So, then I had to clean up the regular cooking mess PLUS the evil pickle disaster.

Did I mention that I don't even like dill pickles?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! I just have to laugh. Kyle LOVES dill pickles and I cannot even tell you how many times I have cleaned dill pickle juice off the floor!

Emily Modlin said...

They are pretty good in a bloody mary.... just sayin'...

A Musing Mother said...

...sprinkled with a few choice words...