Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Official!

I am now an official member of the Lehi City Council.  We had the swearing in ceremony this evening in the Council Chambers.  Once I sat down in the big chair, reality struck!  Oh my heck!  I am actually on the City Council!!!!




I am really excited to have this opportunity to serve my community.  I hope that I will be an effective decision maker.  Everyone that I talk to gives me advice, and from 75% of them it is, "Give 'em hell."  The other 25% say something a little gentler, like, "Go get 'em!"  I am still not totally sure who the 'em is, but I am on it!

5 comments:

Britanee and Brian Walker said...

congratulations on being elected kaye! i'm confident you'll do an amazing job & be a key member of the city council.

A Musing Mom (Taylorclan6) said...

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if you just gave yourself permission to get bored.

Joan said...

Yahoo Kaye! I love your enthusiasm in everything you do. It will carry over to your council job.

Mags said...

Congratulations Sister Collins. We will keep you and your family in our prayers as you embark on this new journey! You'll do fabulous!

Jenny S said...

I can hear your "Oh my heck" in my head!! Just awesome! I am so proud of you!!!