Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Truly Wonderful Day



It is truly my philosophy that life should be enjoyable. Granted,fun doesn't happen every single day, but we need to make fun when we can and build happy memories. Today was one of those happy days when fun flows!

I am in Salt lake City with my good friend Leisa Tucker at the Scrap Girls Digital Scrapbooking Convention. Leisa and I have been good friends (more like sisters!) for almost 20 years, so any chance to be together for a few days is a celebration. When that is combined with my favorite hobby, my newer Wasatch Front Scrap Girls friends, and a great conference atmoshphere, what results is truly uncommon!

Today was Leisa's birthday. I won't tell you which one, but hey, we are definitely middle aged! The day began with an air guitar solo (by yours truly) to wake her up, posters in the conference hall and hotel to announce the event, and the wearing of the amazing purple caftans to put us in a celebratory mood. Although that would have made for a great day alone, we had the opportunity to go on a field trip to Gardner Village during the Witchapalooza celebration. Shopping, girlfriends, and costumes? Can it get any better?????

2 comments:

Joan said...

Oh no, I missed the witches at Gardner Village? I was going to go this year!! I went last week and thought I'd be back. I forgot!! I also believe in fun, fun, fun. I try to make it happen every day. At least to laugh and enjoy my time. You are a good friend to many and have a way of lighting up a room.

Hugs, Joan

Sara said...

What a fun day that was too. Must have been wonderful to be able to celebrate a birthday together. And you don't look a day over thirty ;)